Gilpin Manor 5th Grade Teachers
- Fifth Graders will come to the Nature Center for their regularly scheduled Water Quality Program. This is called a MWEE (Meaningful Watershed Educational Experience).
- In the winter, the Nature Center will schedule a Watershed Professional to come and speak to the fifth grade classes.
- In the spring, the Nature Center staff will come to Gilpin Manor to see the students for their second MWEE. We will do water testing on the Big Elk Creek near the Middle School. This will be treated like a field trip.
- The data that the students collect will be uploaded to FieldScope- National Geographic's mapping app.
- In the late spring, students, teachers and the Nature Center staff will plan and execute a Watershed Action Project at the school or in the community.